When it comes to comparing Hotmail with other popular free web based email services like Yahoo and Gmail, there are distinct features and advantages that each mail service offers and certain limitations that each has. Outlook is the new email service that is nowhere as compared to Yahoo or Gmail. However, Gmail has certain features that set it apart from others. Yahoo also has certain features it offers which makes it unique as compared to others.
Many who have had a Hotmail account from before have now migrated to the Outlook domain. Here they get to enjoy all the benefits that the new Outlook domain provides which are several new and innovative features which make working with one’s email inbox an easy and convenient option.
Here is a comparison made between these three email services with respect to certain vital and common features that every modern and standard email service usually provides the users:
- Storage space is one of the vital and common features that every email service providers. While Gmail offers 10 GB and above, Hotmail and Yahoo offer unlimited storage space.
- Attachment limit is another feature that one needs to consider when it comes to these email services. In all cases the attachment limit remains the same, 25 MB at the most.
- Mail access features are another feature that is important and can be compared among all these services such as IMAP, POP, Exchange ActiveSync and others.
- Automatic email forwarding is an option available for both Hotmail and Gmail users, but in case of Yahoo, only Yahoo Mail Plus members can avail this feature
- When it comes to sending mail from your other accounts all three support this feature
- When it comes to social media linkage, Gmail and Yahoo fall behind Hotmail. With the new Outlook domain one can stay linked to their accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter which is a great benefit to the Hotmail users
- Email aliases are a unique feature offered by Hotmail on the new domain of Outlook. It is not offered by Gmail and is available only for Yahoo Mail Plus subscribers
- Ads are another aspect where the three email services can be compared. For instance, spam mails often come in large numbers in Gmail, but in case of Hotmail, the spam filtration process is much more effective; Yahoo falls in between the other two services in this aspect
The above points showcase how the different email services compare when it comes to certain vital features that users look for or can depend on as standard features of an email service.
When it comes to the new Hotmail domain, there are several new benefits and advantages that one can expect. There is a new and fresh as well as an intuitive web mail design that it flaunts. Also, users find that spam mails are much less in their inbox. There are several unique and helpful features that Hotmail inbox offers:
- One can sweep across messages, assign messages to Junk folder as well as use useful functions like Delete, categories, Move and Mark to easily organize mails with instant actions
- One can sign into their account with a one-time-password that comes as a text message which ensures that one’s account is protected adequately all the time
- Deleted messages are also recovered easily in this new email domain
- It is possible to create email aliases which can be additional to the primary email account one has
- Messages can be put away into specific folders that helps to reduce clutter with the Sweep function
There are several other features that are unique and useful. For instance, the reading pane can help one to view the messages that come into one’s inbox without having to open up the inbox or the particular message fully. Being able to stay connected with the different social media accounts that one has through the Hotmail account makes it easy for one to stay updated as well as post replies or updates on their social networks simultaneously.
Gmail in contrast also has several powerful features on offer. The powerful search engine of Google makes it easy for one to find any subject, email by context or by using any keyword to find specific information. The filters and labels make search convenient and easy to organize the emails. With the storage capacity of Gmail being limitless, there is hardly any need to delete messages on this email interface. Attachments are easy to send and manage with Google Drive that remains well integrated with Gmail. The segregation of emails into the different categories of Promotions, Social and Primary makes it convenient to find emails of different categories in different spaces.
Yahoo Mail also offers several unique benefits and standard amenities to the users. There are several benefits that are common with others like Hotmail. For instance, the email aliases that one can find with Hotmail are easy to find in Yahoo Mail Plus as Disposable Addresses. However, unlike other email services, Yahoo Mail Plus offers more unique features which are offered to limited users.
The above points showcase how the different popular and free email services compare with each other. You will surely want to know before you decide to open accounts with either. What is required is reliability and ease of access through different devices, security of accounts, space and convenience of mail organization. All such aspects are more or less standard in all of them. However, Hotmail definitely offers an edge over others in the modern and clutter free interface, it offers, spam free mails and reduced clutter in the inbox, connectivity with social media accounts and so forth. One can choose to go with Hotmail and get the best of all worlds.