If you write many emails every day, formatting the font for new emails and setting up your professional signature will save you time by having your signature added automatically for every email you write. By setting up your signature for all emails you can set the information that you want the other party to have only once instead of with each email. At the time you are writing the email you can add or remove any information you want to change.
Procedures to Follow Setup Professional Signature with Hotmail (Live.com)
- Sign-In to your email account with Hotmail or Live.com email.
- Select the Options Button that is located at the right of the screen next to your name and picture. Next, click on the More Mail Settings on the drop down menu.
- On the Options page click on Formatting, Font and Signature, under the Writing Email. It is located in the left column on the screen.
- Select font formatting and set the font and size that you would like for your emails. Then enter the professional signature you want to be added to all of the emails you write then click Save at the bottom of the screen under the box you added your signature.
The information that is added to the professional signature is unique to your emails. Some examples of the information that is normally added are listed below.
Information That You May Want to Include
- Full Name
- Email Addresses
- Physical Address
- Telephone Number
- URL of Your Website or Blog
There is a rule that is normally followed that limits the professional signature to five lines. This is enough space to add all your important information and still keep it neat and looking professional.
Advantages to Setting up a Professional Signature
There are advantages to setting up your professional signature for the hotmail.com emails you write. It provides the contact information that you want the other person to have for you and makes it easy for them to contact you. For professional emails such as information for a job opening, your professional signature gives the employer all your contact information in one place. A professional signature will not only make it easier to contact you but it will give you a professional appearance with all professional emails you write.
If you have an online business that you need to recruit prospects or get information to your customers, giving them your contact information shows that you are professional and it adds to the trust they will have in doing business with you. The impression of your business to others will be good because you have nothing to hide by allowing them to have all of your professional contact information.
When you are contacting an online business about an order you have made from them or other information, it will be easier for them to contact you back with the needed information because you made it easy by adding to your email all of your professional contact details. This signature will given in personal emails will make it easy for your contact to get back to you.