Windows Live Hotmail is what the old MSN Hotmail has converted to. This poses to be one of the largest email service providers which have about 280 million accounts that are active. It was built from the late nineties and today it offers a more productive, safer and powerful web mail service that users can rely upon. Customers find flexible access to their Windows Live Hotmail, whether it is through the web, a PC or through a mobile phone. For those who had accounts on MSN Hotmail they have found the migration has been smooth and hassle free to the Windows Live or Outlook domain. Not only are all old correspondence and emails and contacts remain stored in one’s contacts and inbox as before, but one also gains access to Windows and Microsoft services provided to the unified domain such as Microsoft Office, Skype, OneDrive and other features and amenities.
Today the modern Outlook or Windows Live Hotmail comes in 36 languages that are available in countries across the world. As a result one can look forward to a regionalized and ethnic Hotmail account and an interface that provides ease of understanding and communication.
Many people who wish to gain access to a Hotmail account can sign up for the same by visiting the unified Outlook domain. The login panel provides one option to sign up for a new account for Microsoft services. When one visits the account fill up the form they will get to choose the right domain under which they wish to create an account such as Hotmail or Outlook.
The new domain of Hotmail offers several powerful and fast features and tools which help customers get more out of this web based email service:
- The look and feel of a modern Outlook web mail service gives a new makeover for Hotmail
- Reading pane is a feature that allows customers to check emails that come into their inbox without having to open up the emails completely
- Drag and drop capabilities provided in the email interface allow one to organize messages quickly and make one’s inbox clutter free easily
- In order to reply, print or delete a message one can simply right click on a message or perform tasks like moving to folders, renaming, deleting or emptying out folder
- Custom filters are another unique and convenient feature by which one can organize messages in the inbox by directing them to different folders
- Windows Live Calendar is another feature that acts as an organizer for one’s email inbox. These could be reminders, notes, task lists, calendar and these could be shared as well.
Besides the unique and modern features introduced in the new Hotmail inbox one can also enjoy the guarantee of increased protection of the new unified domain, spam protection features that have been improved upon, being able to control junk mail landing up in your inbox, scanning email attachments for viruses and so forth.
You might want to import or export contacts to your Hotmail account to other email accounts. There are easy and convenient ways to do so which can ensure that all the contacts available to your Hotmail account get uploaded easily onto any other email account. Here are the steps to follow to get Hotmail accounts exported:
- Start by signing into your Hotmail account. You need to visit Outlook login panel, which is a unified panel for all Microsoft service accounts.
- Here you can key in your full Hotmail address in the login panel
- Follow the steps and enter the password for your account on the following page
- There is a down arrow on the upper left corner of the screen
- Here under the section called People you will find an option called Manage
- When you open up this option you will get to choose Export
- When this option is selected one can get their Contacts list exported and saved on their desktop.
This file can then be imported onto any benchmark email account of another web mail service. There would be steps mentioned under similar settings in the other web mail account to import the contacts file that you exported from Hotmail.
If you wish to import contacts from another email account onto Hotmail the steps are similar:
- You need to log-on to the email account from where you wish to import contacts to Hotmail
- Get the contacts list from the People section in the email account settings
- Once the contact list is saved in a compatible file format on your desktop, log-on to Outlook email account
- Here you will find the login option for any Microsoft service
- Key in the Hotmail address of your account in full in the username section
- Go onto the next page where you can key in the password of your account
- Once you are inside your Hotmail account look up the sections listed on the upper left hand panel of the page
- Here you can find your list of contacts under People
- Under Manage option you will have the option to Import contacts
- You will then be given the option to upload the contacts list on your desktop
The above steps are what you need to follow to get contacts exported or imported from your Hotmail account. Ensure that the file format you choose to upload is compatible with what is accepted by the email service where you uploading the file to.
With several convenient features that Hotmail has to offer, all old users of Hotmail can continue to use this web based email service and get more out of it. Gone are the days when users were concerned about spam and hacking activities on the rise on Hotmail. All such concerns are much less on the new and unified domain.