You can change the name that shows up when you send emails, but you can’t change your email address, except sign up for new one.
Change your name
- Sign in to Gmail
- After signing in, click click the gear
- Choose “Account and Import” tab, scroll down and find “Send mail as:” section, you can see your current username with your email address. Click “edit info” to change your username.
- In the new pop-up, check the second box and enter your new desired username, then click Save changes. If you want to set another reply-to address, click the link “Specify a different “reply-to” address” to set up. Whenever you send email for someone, if they click “Reply”, their messages will be delivered to the email address you enter in this field.
- You can’t change your email address. If you want to change your address, sign up a new Gmail account and you can forward automatically all incomming email from your old account to to new one.
- Dots In Your Email Address Doesn’t Matter. In other words: email@example.com = firstname.lastname@example.org = email@example.com